Idly is one of the most popular dishes of the South-Indian cuisine. The recipe is quite simple and requires negligible amount of oil. This steamed dish is healthier than what is normally consumed every now and then. Idly can be taken for breakfast, can be also packed in the lunch box, and can be served to the guests. No need to bring an idly makes now. Pressure Cooker Accessories like an idly stand has made it possible to make soft and delicious idly in a pressure cooker also. The full recipe along with the ingredients is here to be checked out.
- Rava or Sooji
- Curd or Dahi
- Grated Ginger
- A batter has to be prepared first for the soft idly. Take a bowl and add the rava or sooji, curd, salt, and grated ginger. Mix the ingredients together well. Keep mixing it by adding water slowly until there are no lumps and the batter is smooth and of the required consistency.
- Make sure that the batter is neither too dilute nor too concentrated. This can ruin the taste and fluffiness of the idly pieces.
- Now, let’s move on to the second step. This step is all about preparing the tadka of the batter. In a small kadhai or tadka pan, put desi ghee, cashew pieces, curry leaves, green chillies, rai seeds, cumin seeds, and a pinch of hing. Make the tadka on low flame.
- Add this prepared tadka to the batter slowly and keep on mixing until it is evenly mixed.
- Leave the mixture covered for approximately ten to fifteen minutes. Add ENO to it after these couple of minutes.
- Now take a pressure cooker and keep it on the gas burner. The idly pieces have to be steamed in the cooker. Add some water in the pressure cooker. Boil the water for a couple of minutes with or without covering the pot. Now the idly stand is needed where the batter has to be poured. This accessory is available easily in the online store as well as in the market. Pour the mixture into the moulds of the stand after greasing the moulds with a little oil. This will prevent the idly pieces from sticking to the mould bases.
- Place the idly stand inside the pot and cover the cooker. Steam the idly pieces for 8-10 minutes.
- Check your idly pieces by pricking a knife in and out of an idly. If the batter does not get stuck to the knife then it is done.
- Serve and enjoy the delicious South-Indian recipe with sambar and coconut chutney.
There are many other dishes that can be cooked in a modern pressure cooker that incorporates the right accessories for the recipe. Browse the online store and Buy Pressure Cooker Online to get the best product in the best price.